Dear Mrs. Smith,
Capitalizing on a career that encompasses broad-based experience in brand marketing, public relations, and customer relations, I am seeking an opportunity to apply these skills in a marketing communications position that will offer the potential for advancement based on performance. I believe that I possess knowledge and expertise that can be an asset to your firm and have, therefore, enclosed for your review a résumé that outlines my professional background.
Some key points that you may find relevant to a marketing communications role with your organization include the following:
- Identifying target audiences and developing marketing messages that reach those audiences. In both business-to-business and consumer products settings, I have been successful in researching potential market segments and creating strategies that effectively communicate product features and promote brand awareness.
- Implementing innovative, technology-based approaches to marketing, including championing e-commerce initiatives that both augment product sales and afford
opportunities to gather information about customers.
- Spearheading public relations efforts that coordinate with marketing strategies and advance overall business goals. These have included placement of features in both
electronic and print media, participation in high-profile public events, and implementation of “strategic philanthropy” initiatives.
- Directing an array of brand management activities, which have encompassed graphic design; copy writing; and production of collaterals, point-of-sale materials, and
I am confident that my experience, education, and enthusiasm will allow me to make a meaningful contribution to your ongoing business success. I would enjoy meeting with you to discuss in detail how my capabilities can best serve your marketing communications needs. Please contact me to arrange a mutually convenient date and time when we might initiate a dialogue.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I will contact you soon to set up an interview.
Tags: communications, customer services, management, marketing, Public Relations
Next Sample »
Sample resume for a marketing communications manager
Looking to market yourself for a marketing communications manager position? Check out this sample resume for guidance.
Looking to market yourself for a marketing communications manager position? View the sample resume below, and download the marketing communications manager resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Additionally, you can learn more about marketing careers on Monster.
Marketing Communications Manager Resume Sample
Sometown, NY 55555 l Phone: 555-555-5555 l email@example.com l LinkedIn URL
Marketing Communications Manager
- Nationally award-winning marcom professional with proven success leading corporate marketing and internal communications for multimillion-dollar companies across diverse industries.
- Leader of creative teams, multimedia divisions and corporate communications departments. Conceptualize, develop and execute marketing campaigns that build memorable brands.
- Expert in the technical, conceptual and content development of sales-driving collateral. Produce record-high marketing campaign response rates and execute successful product launches.
Award of Excellence for Outstanding Advertising(ABC Co “Road Warrior” campaign)
Gold Award for Most Effective Campaign(ABC Co “Open Road” direct mail campaign)
Award of Excellence for Innovative Messaging(ABC Co “Automotive Drive” campaign)
President’s Award for Successful Product Rollout(ABC Co “Hit the High Road” campaign)
ABC COmpany, Sometown, NY – Sells automotive supplies and parts
Marketing Communications Manager, 1/2012 to Present
Manage corporate marketing and communications functions, overseeing a $1.3M budget and 8-member team. Direct brand management, PR, media relations, corporate positioning, product launches, advertising, sales collateral and tradeshow marketing.
- Developed and launched integrated, multi-channel print, catalog, web and direct marketing campaigns that propelled sales from $3.2M (2012) to a projected $15.5M by 2017 year-end.
- Led market launch of 21 products. Identified opportunities, researched new product possibilities, collaborated with engineering team and created campaigns generating $4.6M in new annual sales.
- Created web portal to transform previously archaic intranet into a dynamic portal improving communication flow and adding an effective sales tool for field reps.
- Wrote catalogs, course guides and training brochures that enhanced the sales reps’ understanding of complex product features and helped them sell more effectively.
- Performed ongoing customer/market research and demographic profiling to identify and capitalize on unmet market needs ahead of the curve.
- Produced media kit that demonstrated key marketing analytics and demographics for use in sales presentations. Efforts were credited as instrumental in closing numerous high-level deals.
- Leveraged strengths in cost-effective marketing management and vendor negotiations to end each year an average of 15% under-budget.
DEF Company, Sometown, NY – Full-service advertising, marketing and PR agency
Marketing Supervisor, 12/2009 to 12/2011
Developed marketing programs for business-to-business clients. Used an integrated approach to create balanced programs for clients to build their respective brands.
- Expanded client base by 78% in two years by consistently delivering goal-surpassing marketing results and ensuring client satisfaction.
- Closed new accounts as a member of business-development team, including a $1.5M win with Action Company and a $1.2M win with JFK Corp.
- Earned commendations from client executives for communication deliverables that targeted desired audiences and articulated the value of products and services.
GHI Company, Sometown, NY – Leading advertising, direct marketing and communications agency
Creative Director, 1/2004 to 12/2009
Manager, Creative Services, 8/2002 to 1/2004
Copywriter, 6/2000 to 8/2002
Advanced through a series of promotions, culminating in oversight of group copy division and 6-member creative team. Created concept and copy for journal ads, direct mail campaigns and sales collateral for diverse clients and projects.
- Served as primary copywriter on advertising campaigns for large accounts and new product launches.
- Assumed a lead role in pitch team meetings, and helped close major accounts ($500K to $1M+ initial contracts).
- Generated campaign response-rates of between 6% and 8% (up to 4 times the industry average).
Adobe Creative Cloud; MS Project; Crystal Reports; MS Office including OneNote, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Excel; ColdFusion; Documentum; social media platforms; Google Analytics; SEO; Web Server Administration; Content Management Systems (CMS); public relations-focused tools such as PR Newswire, Cision and Hootsuite
ABC University, Sometown, NY
Bachelor of Science
Major: Communications | Minor: English
Portfolio on Request | Available for Relocation